We decided to get out of town for New Years Even and Kaitlyn Bohlin (our friend here and the reason we found out about Awamaki in the first place) suggested that we head for the hills and aim for the Sun Gate. The Sun Gate is a ruin site high on a ridge of the mountains above the valley floor. During the solstice the sun lines up in the gate and shoots a beam of light somewhere special, I don't really know. We slept in some ruins (yes IN some ruins) below the Sun Gate and made for the gate early on January 1st. My legs are still hurting from the hike, we went up about 4,000 - 5,000 ft on the trail and got lost once or twice, but we made it in the end. I made a little video to share with you all that I hope you enjoy. We miss you all very much.
New Years Video!!!
Check it out and let us know how your New Years went!
No comments:
Post a Comment